Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mula kay Aimee Lorraine Keh-Lee

This post first appeared in this blog:

http://wandafulworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/01/2013-in-review-my-reading-stats.html

2013 in Review: My Reading Stats

by Aimee Lorraine Keh-Lee

2013 is the year of Philippine Literature in my reading life. According to the stats in my book catalog, I read a total of 35 books in 2013, out of which a significant percentage were Philippine Literature. On top of this, the best book I read was It's a Men's World by Bebang Siy. My best discovery was the Trese series by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo. I was so engrossed that I finished the series in one night!

Room by Emma Donoghue (not local) also struck me as a memorable and gripping read. Then finally, the most pleasantly enjoyable ones, as always, are Alexander McCall Smith's installments in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, Isabel Dalhousie series and 44 Scotland Street series They are like tea and biscuits on a lazy afternoon. :)

Books I read in 2013

Here is a quick snapshot of what I had read:

Philippine Literature - 34%
Fiction -34%
Classics - 14%
Mysteries and Thrillers - 12%
Biographies and Memoirs - 6%


My books read (35) is 4 books down from 2012 when I read 39 books. But I'm still happy to have been able to even read 35 books because 2013 was a really busy year for me. I was nursing our new baby and my work was in full swing - I was working from 9 am to 8 pm Mondays to Fridays. It was a miracle I still found time to read at all. :)

When it comes to my acquisitions, I got a total of 40 new books this year as follows:

Philippine Literature - 35%
Fiction - 33%
Classics - 15%
Mysteries and Thrillers - 10%
Biographies and Memoirs - 5%
Children's - 2%

In terms of the format of these acquisitions:

pBooks - 85%
eBooks - 15%

Obviously I still die to hold a physical book in my hands and bask in the glorious scent of freshly printed paper :) !

About 20% were free (given as gifts or as reviewer copies), and the rest were purchased by me from the following stores:

The Book Depository - 50%
Fully Booked - 15%
National Book Store - 12%
Amazon - 3%
Others - 20%

As you can see, I'm a nut for The Book Depository just like last year, especially for books by Alexander McCall Smith!

So that's about it, my reading stats for 2013. What's yours?



Ang ganda ng stats na ito. Gayahin natin, fellow booklovers!
Thank you, Aimee! More power to your blog.

No comments:

Hindi copyright, pero usapin pa rin ng karapatan ng manunulat

  Minsan, hindi talaga usapin ng copyright ang isang bagay. Ito ay recently kong naengkuwentro. Si Kyla ay na-meet ko sa isang writers works...